Wednesday, December 03, 2008

i'm watching the tree lighting on nbc!

I love Thanksgiving. I am so happy it exists. Chris and I left for Ohio last Monday, drove in Ginna's car to Bethesda, MD, picked UP Ginna, and then drove to Columbus for the night and Chris's mom picked us up on Tuesday morning. My sister got in late that night and we had my family's dinner on Wednesday, as we always do. My brother told us how he's either going to go to China or Chile to teach English as a second language and I guess he is going to Germany next year for some course before he graduates. That's CRAZY! I wish I could go... abroad.

On Thanksgiving proper I went to Chris's mom's house for deep fried turkey (if you are offered this TRY IT!! It is so effing good!) and then to his dad's side where I met, or at least saw, the 41 family members that were there and that I had never met before. Chris's grandma had 8 children (she's Catholic) and they've all got kids... and some of them have kids, now, too. So, anyway, I had only met only 3 people from that side and 38 more was a little overwhelming.

Unfortunately we had to leave on Friday but we were able to take our time and stop by my Grandma's house. I was so happy to go home, though. I hate being so far away from my family. It makes me really sad.

Sigh... so, on Saturday I was back to work. There is a Santaland dress on Friday and Sunday of this week (first preview is next Tuesday) so Johnston and I have been working a lot on music. We have 6 songs... some of them are better than others but they are all coming along really well. I've gotten so much better at guitar (than I was in June)! It's a good thing I practiced so much over the summer because we've been playing for like 2 hours during our rehearsals. I would have never been able to do it if I wouldn't have been practicing... my fingers would have hurt waaaaay too much.

Last night Chris invited our friends Pasha, Rick and Dennis over for wings and... Guy Time, I guess. They ate homemade chicken wings and watched Ocean's 11 and Boogie Nights. I, of course, emailed my 10-page play, Boogie Knights to Pasha and Dennis because... well, how could I not? It was my best achievement in life. A play about a time travelling knight who wants to learn roller disco. Brills. They had fun and it was ridiculously hot in the living room because of the oven and the guys.

I am watching Jon and Kate Plus 8 and they are at Disney World and I am crying. This episode is old and it was the first one I ever saw. It's actually why I started watching this show, even though the kids go nuts and Kate yells a LOT.... but still. It's DISNEY WORLD!!!! If I could say there were only two true good things in this entire world those two things would be Disney and Christmas. I don't care... it is just FANTASY at Disney! I love it.

On Monday Chris and I went on a little date! We weren't planning it... we never, ever get out so I suggested we get some coffee. We had coffee and some cake at the coffee shop... then we walked around downtown. We came home for an hour or so then went back out and got some pizza and then went to see Rachel Getting Married at the Visulite. During the dancing at the wedding Chris said, "these people are eclectic!!" Yes.... yes they were. I think it was good although it's not the type of movie you feel good or stand up and cheer after. I would have applauded the seats at the theatre, though... they were AWESOME.

Listen... did anyone else watch that Britney Spears thing on Sunday night? I know my die-hard Britney fans did... but did other people? I'm just kind of proud of her. If she can keep herself out of trouble than I think she can be forgiven for going nuts. I would have hated it if everything I did during a break up was on the NEWS. Plus, you know, she lost all that weight by basically giving up sugar. *I* basically gave up sugar and lost a bunch of weight, too. That and all the fiber I eat. But anyway, Britney Spears is no longer the worst thing in the world and I say, good for her!

1 comment:

bethany said...

I did watch the Brittany thing, and found it oddly endearing. I agree that I'm glad I am able to grow up without tabloid scrutiny, and don't feel like she deserves the abuse she gets.