Monday, December 29, 2008

i still like starbucks better than any other coffee shop

The week was crazy but the week is over. I still don't have a day off until Thursday but at least I can just sit here and do nothing for hours. If only I could come in at... like... noon and sit here and do nothing for hours. I worked more than 12 hours a day both Friday and Saturday. Every other day was 8-10 hours (depending on how much laundry I did) in split shifts, all days with my only break being to perform a show in the middle. I'm tired. I wish the touring troupe was still here. They were a lot of fun. They're on break now and then they'll go back on the road until April.

Christmas was fun. We went to Dan and Alex's for dinner and watched a marathon of Dogs 101 on the animal planet when we got home. The night before this guy who works for the theatre threw his annual Christmas dinner for people stuck in town and we got to take home all the extra turkey. Chris and I only exchanged stockings but inside mine I received WALL-E which was cool. I do love that movie. Mainly, Christmas was a day for relaxing and I wouldn't have had it any other way.

I got sick on Friday. The sickness was, and still is, contained only in my throat. It doesn't hurt (except when I wake up) but it's totally mucusy and once in a while I'll have a bad coughing fit. This was bad timing to get sick since I still had 3 shows left of Santaland. Yesterday I was doing will-call tickets for Carol and coughed my face off. I knew that I would have problems singing. In the song "Come on! Let's Boogey to the Elf Dance!" I belt really high at the end. I don't know how high because I'm playing it on the guitar and not piano, but I'd say it's somewhere in the high F-G range. As I was singing I'm feeling my throat start to tickle and I'm thinking, "I have to get through these next couple measures and then I can cough. Also, if I can do this, it will be a miracle." I cut the last note short but I got through it and then I coughed and coughed through the ride out of the song and probably messed up the guitar because of it. Then I had to do the actual pre-show speech which was what made me almost lose my voice the last two days. I drank some water, popped a Halls into my mouth and coughed my way through it. Apparently it was charming. Anyway, I am sad to not be doing it anymore. I had so much fun with Johnston and now I just have the box office and that is NOT fun. Even though I was paid what can only be described as a "stipend" for doing it, it was the best thing to happen since June. Goodbye, Santaland.

I am going home in a week! I am happy. I will miss Chris but he'll be really busy anyway so he'll be ok. This will be the first time I've travelled without him since May 2007 (and we have travelled A LOT since then being on tour and living in the same town and all). It will be the longest I've been away from him since we stopped being long distance, too. AWWWWWW. But, yes, I am very excited.

The weather has been really nice lately and it makes me want spring for real, even though it's still December. It also makes me want Chipotle. The closest one is 45 miles away. Boo. Maybe I'll go to the cheap replacement, Qdoba instead. That's only 30 miles away. DAMNIT, Virginia! You suck so much.

No comments: