Sunday, July 27, 2008

yeah yeah yeah!

Whenever I'm sitting on the couch watching TV or using the internet I tend to stand up too fast and start blacking out on my way to where ever I'm going. Yes, yes, blood rushing to my head... but really, EVERY SINGLE TIME?? Is this normal? Is this going to effect my brain?

I just keep going, though. I just keep walking through the blackness and doing what I need to do. Hahahaha, that sounds like an inspirational message. Remember that when you're distressed. Remember to walk through the blackness and do what you need to do.

I hope everyone knows about Etsy which is like Ebay for homemade items. Oh, it's so great. I haven't actually bought anything from it but I browse it every day. Next time I need a purse.... Etsy, here I come.

I get recognized a lot in the box office from people who saw either A Christmas Carol or any of our touring shows and it makes me feel so.... lame. Yesterday two ladies argued on their way out the door over who remembered me from what. I hate explaining why I'm working in the box office ("uhh... my fiance is in the resident troupe and we wanted to stay together...") and I hate saying "I hope so" when they ask if they can see me in a show again here. Non-actory people generally don't understand the actory life since they have more steady jobs and they're like, "huh?" I think being complimented when you're feeling relatively defeated isn't as much fun as it should be.

I used to hate poodles but now I love them. If I had a poodle I would never shave it and groom it to look like a nightmare show dog, I would let it stay furry and adorable. They are also hypoallergenic! This is good for animal lover Chris, who is allergic to cats, dogs and goats and also suffers from asthma. Poor guy. I have no KNOWN allergies (although I know I must be slightly allergic to something here, and in California, in the air during the spring) and he's allergic to everything he loves the most (ie, goats). I would LOVE a labradoodle but they're too big. A cock-a-poo (God, what an awful name) would be awesome, though.

A hot breeze keeps blowing through the windows. That's nice when it's already hot in here. I love the second floor. Actually, the biggest perk of the second floor is the fact that we can watch squirrels on the roof next door. I want to lure them over to our roof with nuts.

I had a dream last night that I had failed a science class during my last semester of college and had to take classes this fall at Kent. This dream was so realistic (for that part of it. there was a lot of other, weird stuff that happened) that I had to reassure myself upon waking up that I had actually graduated and received a diploma. Thank God that dream's not true. I think, if I suddenly found out I had failed something and hadn't ACTUALLY graduated, at this point I would just forgo the degree. I don't think I can ever go back to school. College is a NIGHTMARE!! AHHHHHH!!!! Chris is thinking about getting an MLitt (master of letters) degree from the school associated with the ASC and I think he's crazy. I mean, not really, it couldn't hurt him, especially since it'd be free for him to go here and it's the only advanced degree in Shakespeare in the world, but like I said, "COLLEGE IS A NIGHTMARE!!!!!"

Do you remember when you first fell in love with Paul Rudd? Was it during "Clueless"? Was it when he played Pheobe's husband, Mike, on "Friends"? During "Anchorman", "40-Year-Old Virgin", "Knocked Up"? You know you're in love with him. You can't NOT BE. Even if it's man-love, you know you've got it. For me, it was during "Clueless." He's my only lasting celebrity crush.

I get really annoyed with improper spelling of the informal version of "yes" which is "yeah." THAT is how it's spelled. ("Yeah, I got stung by a bee. Why did you provoke them?") The word "yah" is not a real word. It's like what you say to a horse to get him to move when you're sitting in a buggy. "Ya" is not "yeah", it's the informal version of "you." ("Don't worry--I got 'ya!!") And "yea" is a version of "yes", but only if you lived 100 years ago or more. It's used like in saying yea or nay. ("Dost thou vote yea or nay for independence?") There is also "YAY" which is an exclamation of excitement. Let's review:

"Yeah" (ye-ah): yes
"Yah" (yaw): horse command
"Ya" (yuh): you
"Yea" (yay): yes, 100+ years ago
"Yay" (yay): hooray

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lave, I get dizzy like that every time I stand up, too. It's even worse when I'm working in the field and have to squat and get up all the time.