Tuesday, July 08, 2008

a magical day

Last night was Aaron and Emily's wedding. It was supposed to be outside but the weather did not cooperate. It still turned out really nice, though. I wish I would have had a better viewing spot but that was my fault. As it is I got a lot of pictures of Emily's face and the back of Aaron's head. It was a really sweet ceremony and very memorable. Her dad's reading almost made me cry... wait, no, it DID make me cry. Rene and Emily's brother made really nice speeches during the reception, too. They had chicken, steak AND salmon!! I was all hopped up on Dr. Pepper all night and not tired at all when we got home at midnight. I didn't fall asleep until after 2:30am but woke up about an hour later and then continued to wake up all night long. I am SO TIRED today!!! I guess it's good that I'm not in a show right now because I probably yelled a little too much last night... either that or the lack of sleep is making my throat sore.

Chris and I decided to take our engagement photo last night while waiting for the reception to start. Dan took it while Amy, Brent's wife, held my bag. It was funny. Everyone kept asking me if I was going to take notes but I could never afford a big, fancy wedding like that. The only thing I could take notes on was Emily's AMAZING DRESS!!! Oh my God. Erin, one of our costumers, made it and it was just AWESOME. It was exactly like something I would want. So much so that if my dress ends up looking really similar to that I hope no one notices. Speaking of that, Jenny, our other resident costume designer, said she would make my dress and "design" Chris. After she told Chris that he start trying to convince me to have the wedding here, at the theatre, rather than in Ohio. I don't know. I mean, the theatre is the OBVIOUS place. It's naturally beautiful, we'd probably already be here and it would be... not expensive. Plus, we got engaged here and both worked here... we already played a married couple (the king and queen of france!) on the stage so it'd have some kind of sentimental attachment or something. But, both our families live in Ohio and I'd worry about my Grandma making it down here. She'll be almost 87 years old and she doesn't like to travel, let alone travel in winter.... I just don't know. I don't know, I don't know, I don't know. Ugh.

Shaina got engaged! I was really excited for her. Her boyfriend came to visit her in Toronto, where she's rehearsing for the Disney Cruise Line, and he totally surprised her. Hooray for them!

Man... I want to move to Toronto SO BAD. That'd be great...

Dennis and I are now officially best buddies. He doesn't know yet.

Happy Birthday to Rick Blunt!!!!!!

Chris's dad drove down here today with his friend and brought the rest of the furniture we needed. A table and chair for our dining... area, a "breakfast nook"/extra counter space in the kitchen and a bigger TV. It was so nice of him. He took us out to dinner at the Depot afterwards. I was exhausted the whole time but it was nice.

Last night I dreamt about the gift shop the whole time when I was actually asleep. I wish I would have been asleep longer. Dreaming about the gift shop is better than not dreaming at all.

You can, of course, see the rest of the wedding pictures at http://www.flickr.com/photos/alisaledyard/

No comments: