Monday, July 28, 2008

homemade cookies would be good

Today I actually liked Staunton. We had today off but don't get paid until Thursday so we went to Target and Lowe's to LOOK at curtains but not buy them. It's just been sooo hot in our living room. We put a sheet over one window and it helped so it was clear that curtains would really make a difference. I found what I was looking for at Target but they could only hold things for 24 hours. Chris decided to just buy the curtains then and now our living room might stay slightly cooler. HOORAY!!!!

Anyway, I'm thinking about getting a bike and we were also looking at them at Target. After we got home and put up one window's curtains we decided to go to the bike shop that is literally about a block and a half away from our apartment. Then we went to the outdoorsy shop right next to that. THEN we went to the glass shop and watched some glass blowing happen. After that we went to the train station and found this place called "weddings and things" that has catering for NINE DOLLARS PER PERSON. I was carrying around a brochure from the glass store and I felt like a tourist in my own town. I can't believe I've lived here for a year and never been to these places. The glass shop was really cool. They had expensive stuff but a lot of it was actually affordable by me. I walk by that place every single day. It's practically in my back yard and I had never been there. I guess we'll have to go to the bakery and the butcher I pass every day next! And then maybe I'll make an appearance at the farmer's market! Staunton has so much to offer me right now!

So, a bike. I want one. I wanted one last summer but it never happened. I figure a bike is pretty useful. I could take it to the grocery store and get a little basket to brings things home in. Plus, I can't think of a single place where a bike wouldn't be great to have. I mean, maybe THE MOON, but my immediate plans do not include a trip to the moon. Everywhere on earth would work really well with a bike.

We have absolutely no storage space in our apartment (except our clothes closet) and at least 6 storage bins, 3 amps, 2 guitar cases (and some other instruments under our bed) and lots of other crap. We're considering getting a wardrobe from IKEA and just putting everything in the closet and closing the doors on our dark secrets. Our room is such a mess right now I don't see how this could be a bad idea (except the cost of the wardrobe). The room is so huge and we don't have enough to fill it but filling it with storage bins seems... strange. Maybe a rug would help.

No comments: