Tuesday, July 22, 2008

virginia is for... someone

Yesterday was Chris and my anniversary!!!! Awwwwww. Two years ago on the 19th I had Jessie tell him I liked him (what is wrong with me?) on the drive to Porthouse, the next day we hung out for Dan's birthday and on the 21st we went on our first real date, lunch at Rockne's where several of my friends sat a couple tables away and made fun of us before the directors for the shows we were in saw us and looked... confused. Two years ago TODAY I had rehearsal and Chris closed Our Town and I went to the cast party with him. Two years ago tomorrow we went out to eat at the Macaroni Grill and then to see "An Inconvienent Truth." Chris is amazed that I remember the exact "Timeline of Our Love" (as I call it) but I'm not. I have a good memory (most of the time) and it was such a great time for me that I'm surprised I don't remember MORE about it. It's crazy that we've only been together for two years. It really feel like forever. In a good way.

So, it's a million degrees in our living room. You might think I'm exaggerating. I can't even sit and watch TV without sweating. Oh, MAN is it hot!! It's supposed to rain tomorrow and the temperature should go down but right now it's killer. It actually makes me miss the freezing cold box office.

Stacy London reacts the same way to people during their "big reveal" on What Not to Wear as I do to everyone. All the time. I think we'd be friends.

Man, I really want to take a walk or run but I'm too effing HOT. I can't imagine going out in 90 degrees, sweating MORE and not even getting too cool down. I also need to vacuum the floor and do the dishes but I'll be too roasting before night. See, this is the problem with Virginia. It's got all the bad parts of the south AND the north. It's ridiculously hot in the summer and filled with more bugs than I've ever seen but it still snows and stays cold in winter for a long time. And to top it all off there aren't any palm trees to redeem it. I'm sorry. I shouldn't complain so much. It's the heat. It's going to my head.

I hemmed my pants today. I wish I could take the pants in by myself but I don't know how. I also think I might need a sewing machine for that.

I had a chocolate melting accident in my purse yesterday. We went to Charlottesville and it was hot (obviously) and I had one piece of mini chocolate in my purse... and halfway through the day it was all over half of my purse. We also went to Boston Market and they ran out of chicken. It was a great anniversary. :) Hahaha, it doesn't matter. I was just happy to get to spend the day with Chris. I'm ALWAYS happy when I'm with him and we always laugh and have such a good time, even when we're on fire, and I'm glad we're engaged. It makes more sense than anything that's ever happened to me before.

3 comments:

bethany said...

this post wins for awesome headlines. They don't have ridiculous amounts of air conditioning everywhere in virginia? I don't think you can even rent an apartment without air conditioning in georgia, thank God, I think I would die and never eat all summer.

Joe said...

Hey, happy anniversary! I can't believe you've put up with his strange affection for Todd Rungren for two years. (This is assuming that that particular aspect of his personality hasn't changed since he and I hung out together with some frequency.)

Anyway, mazel tov!

Anonymous said...

you, chris, and the goat-en gate bridge :) it must be love!