Saturday, July 19, 2008

i want to be a former governor.

I like blogger a lot better than tripod. First of all, it doesn't suck like tripod did. Second, it makes sense unlike tripod. Third, blogger is the FUTURE whereas tripod sucks.

I just joined Twitter. I'm having problems getting it to work for me over the phone right now but once it gets worked out I think it's going to be hilarious. If only it were there on Thursday. The former VA governor was in town and stopped at the theatre and everyone was freaking out. Jen and Jasmine were "asked" to scrub the bird crap off the sidewalks out front. I have no idea how I was able to get out of that one. At first I thought he was a republican and I didn't know why he'd want to visit a non-profit theatre but after he left I found out he was a democrat. There was a marching band playing in downtown for his arrival. It was like a visitor from space was coming and we had to dress to impress. I don't think he noticed the lack of bird crap on the sidewalks. I don't think anyone in the world would notice that.

Also, yesterday, a bug flew right in my eye! I'm not talking like, it flew near my eye, this bug practically landed on my contact lens. It was right as this lady came up to the desk to ask me a question and I flailed my arms about like a crazy person and then said, "Sorry. A bug flew into my eyeball." A couple of weeks ago a little bug flew into my eye as I was walking home and talking to my dad on the phone. It died in my eye and when I got inside I had to remove it from the corner of my eye. Wow. There was a lot of assonance in that sentence.

Yes, twitter will be fun if I can ever get it to work properly.

Chris and I taught a master class on music for the Midsummer Day Camp on Wednesday and it was SO MUCH FUN. They did this little production of The Tempest yesterday (which was so great) so we talked to them about music that we'd want to play if we were in that show based on the play's themes ("Abracadabra" by the Steve Miller Band, "Magic Man" by Heart, "Rain" by the Beatles, "It's Magic" by Pilot and even "Part of Your World" from The Little Mermaid) and then we taught them a round using the last two lines of the epilogue. The group was huge--46 kids aged 9-12. They split them up into two groups for our classes. God, they were so great. Chris was a pro at working with them, too. People tend to like Chris a lot. He has that ability to make fun of people that don't know him and they think it's funny, not mean. I do not have that ability. People always think I'm mean instead of just joking at first. I have to win them over with my ways. The WAYS of ALISA.

I also had my second go at house managing on Wednesday and it went a lot better. I had great ushers (not that my first ushers were bad---not by ANY means---I just had a lot of them on Wednesday so I was able to get more done) and Solomon was my assistant so he was able to help me. I have to house manage again tonight. I'm a little nervous but I think it will go okay. I HOPE it will go okay!!

I had a merchandise meeting on Wednesday about getting new stuff. I think it's going to be great. We're going to design new women's t-shirts that are more modern and feminine. Right now we have the list of Shakespeare's Pick-up lines or Insults but what I want to do is get Mary to make some pretty background design and get a great quote about Shakespeare's best female characters. Something the ladies can relate to. Something *I* can relate to, as a lady. Girls like things.

So, that Sara Bareilles isn't just a one-hit wonder, huh?

I should probably go shower so that I can go to work. Tomorrow I will get free pizza!!

No comments: