Friday, April 17, 2009

i like cookies

Any time a dog show is on TV we always watch it. I don't know why. They are always the same dogs and usually one of us falls asleep and the other wakes [him] up to be like, "YOU'RE MISSING THE WESTIE!!!!! You've REALLY got to see this dog!!!!!!"

Tomorrow, for the first time since December, I am not working the show on a day that I am working and there is a show. I am opening, which means I am working 9-5. What's funny is that Chris's friend works on the Dave Matthews Band tour doing some kind of tech stuff and he offered Chris some free tickets for this weekend. I didn't think I'd be able to go because I assumed I'd be working the show... but I'm NOT. Which means tomorrow I am going to see DMB for FREE with some FREE lounge passes, also!!! I am excited. It is going to be pretty great. I don't even know what the "lounge" really is, but I can only assume it's... you know... awesome.

Man, listen. We're getting effing MARRIED in 2.5 weeks. It's so crazy!! Yesterday was the RSVP deadline so we have numbers and are getting food figured out (we're going to be having a PASTA BAR on Monday!!!), favors figured out, final hair things ordered, ceremony beginning to get planned out (you'd think this would have been something we would have started with before now) and I've been reading my Disney books like it's my job. I CAN'T WAIT TO GO TO DISNEY WORLD!!!! Oh my gosh. Sometimes I have these moments of "Two weeks from today we're going to be at Animal Kingdom. But OH NO!!!! THREE WEEKS from today we're going to be back home!!!!!!!" Chris told me I couldn't be sad about leaving before I even got there. It's not going to work. I want to live at Disney World. Anyway, besides going to Disney World, we are also having a wedding first and I think it is going to be a really fun time.

Today during Hamlet some old lady took a picture (which you are not allowed to do at our theatre or any other professional theatres). When I saw the flash (yes, not only a picture, but a FLASH picture??) I thought at first that a light blew, especially because none of the ushers saw where it came from. I was talking to an usher about it when a man in the audience came up and told us who took the picture. I watched her from the side until she started aiming her camera to take another picture and then I literally RAN down the stairs,wearing a dress and high heeled boots, in the middle of the show, in a theatre that keeps the lights on, thrust myself past the couple on the end of the row behind her and made her put it away. She looked kind of pissed at intermission but seriously, it's not MY fault she didn't listen to directions. The cast was really happy that I did. A couple people came up into the lobby to tell Solomon, who was the house manager, in case he didn't already know, right after she took the original picture and then they were like, "Great job reprimanding that old lady!!" I was like... yeah. I told her. NOT ON MY WATCH, LADY!!

Speaking of cameras, we had to buy a new one. When Chris went back to Ohio somehow he broke our old one. At some point those rechargeable lithium batteries that can take like 200 pictures came out... but I didn't know about them until, say, Monday of this week. I always assumed we were still using AA batteries in all of of cameras. I am very HAPPY that these new batteries exist because AA batteries, whether or not they are rechargeable, still only take like 20 pictures before they're done. Anyway, so we saw these new, amazing batteries and figured it'd be worth it to get a camera that took it instead of the AA batteries, even though the latter would be cheaper. I love our new camera. It's super thin, super light, still holds our old memory card, 10 mega pixels and will apparently take 200 pictures before the battery needs to be recharged. It's also PURPLE. Chris loved that aspect best.

No comments: