Thursday, March 26, 2009

stupid smarch weather

I call my parents every Sunday night and half the time the conversation is like this:
"So, anything new?"
"No. Just working all the time."
That is what this blog post today will be like. I feel like I SHOULD update because it's unlikely that more will happen but I also don't have too much to say. Mostly wedding stuff has been happening and if you want to read about that, you can go to seilard.blogspot.com.

The weather this week has sucked. You keep thinking it's going to get warmer in the afternoon but then it doesn't. Every morning it's like 30 degrees and then it's like 49 in the afternoon. Yes, that is, technically, warmer but 49 degrees is the worst temperature it could be. The last two days it has been raining which makes it even worse. I want to be able to turn the heater off. I'm not even asking to turn the fan on, just the heater off! I thought March went in like a lion and came out like a lamb. This is more like a wet fish from the north pacific than a lamb. I want real spring. It will start sooner here than in Ohio. Spring always makes me so environmentally aware.

I really have been working a lot. When I was paid salary and only had to work 40 hours a week I felt like I had the easiest job ever! I'd always have half a day off and I had so much time to relax. Since they eliminated my full time job and I have to work hourly in the box office PLUS the job in the costume shop that I HAD to get to make up for the pay cut, I feel like I live at the theatre. Usually I just work at night but since I have to come in at 2:30pm it's hard to describe it as "a night shift." I am just always there. I'm way more tired than I was in the summer and fall and even though I am bringing home about the same amount of money, before I had insurance. So, actually, I'm NOT making as much money, I just don't have any health coverage so it seems like I am.

Speaking of health insurance I think I am getting sick. Everyone I know got sick before me. Chris had that horrible flu at the end of January and I managed to avoid it. I BABYSIT and I managed to avoid their super baby illnesses. However, today I woke up and I don't feel so good. Step one, vitamin C pill. Step two, Zicam. Zicam really works (knock on wood). I bet it's because I worked 13.5 hours yesterday, many of which were spent running up and down 5 flights of stairs and pulling garbage cans and recycling up a really steep hill in the 40 degree rainy weather. YUM.

I did sleep like a rock last night, though.

Oh yeah, I mentioned it on twitter but this summer I will be working at the Heritage Repertory Theatre in Charlottesville doing "Oliver!" They are giving me housing, which is great since I don't have a car, and the pay is pretty decent, too. It's really nice that it is so close to Staunton so when I leave for a month as a newlywed, I can still see Chris pretty regularly. I am happy to have an actng job, happy that I don't know anyone who works at the theatre and got the job all myself and happy that they are letting me take off a month of work to do this show and come back in July.

Tomorrow is Chris's birthday! The next day is the anniversary of our engagement. Yes, yes... awwwwww. I don't think we'll have time to actually do anything on any of those days but hooray for them anyway!

1 comment:

bethany said...

"This is more like a wet fish from the north pacific than a lamb."
Brilliant. And congrats on the acting job.