Saturday, March 07, 2009

the judges drink san pellegrino in those coke cups

Sometimes I forget that I was at that taping of American Idol back in 2005 and when I remember I'm like, "Holy crap. I was really close to the judges." Here is photographic proof of this. I was in the 3rd row back; you can see me looking off to the side, behind Paula. What was I looking at? Bo Bice. LOL. It's totally true. Bo was my faaaaavorite that year. Someone in the audience asked him where he got this pair of leather pants. The store was this vintage shop on Melrose (called Wasteland)... I started going there all the time. Not really to try to run in to Bo Bice (although that would have been awesome!) but because this store was so effing cool. They had the BEST vintage clothes, shoes and accessories I have ever come across. As we have nothing cool in Staunton, VA, I often think about Melrose Avenue and how much I loved everything about that road.

I've been watching AI on and off this year. I keep forgetting that it is on. I hope the contestants are good. I haven't been that impressed so far. I really want to like the two blonde girls.

I haven't updated either of my blogs in a long time because I haven't had that much to talk about. I work all the time and since they're mainly night shifts I don't get to just surf the web as much. On top of the box office and costume shop, I've also been babysitting a couple of times a week for the Harrells. It's been fun. Martha Jane still cries when mom or dad leave but she feels better not too long after. I changed my first diaper the other day (her's, not mine). I was scared. I still don't know if I did it right. I always thought the tape would be way stickier. Eliot and I listen to the Spoon album, "Ga Ga Ga Ga Ga" a lot and play with Google Earth. The kittens are the cutest little cats ever! The last time I was over Murry crawled into my jacket (that I was wearing) and went to sleep. Shortly after, Titus followed him. It was so cute. I wish someone would have been there with a camera.

The weather was beautiful today! It should be pretty nice all weekend. I like to hope that it won't be below 50 again until October but that's just silly. On Monday the 2nd there was so much snow (2 inches or so) that they cancelled all the schools and closed a bunch of stores (because they are WIMPS. The roads were DRY and it was sunny all day!). On Friday the 6th it was above 60 degrees. Winter doesn't make any sense. As much as I love days like today, I would prefer not to have them if the weather will get bad again. Getting teased with nice weather is worse than it being cold for 4 months.

I will probably have some real news soon. If nothing else, I'm going to NYC in a week to see John in "Hair." I'll have other news, though... just wait and seeee!

No comments: