Sunday, February 22, 2009

i need pancakes before i ride the train

I'm at work lobby sitting and these two boys who were here for a show just spent a great deal of time talking to me about Mormonism. First of all, I'm 98% sure the more talkative boy was gay. Second, as I told them, they're not going to convince me to suddenly become a Mormon. Third, I don't like talking to strangers. Fourth, I REALLY don't like talking about religion to strangers. Fifth, I'm at work and I've been here all day and week and I haven't been off since Monday and it's within the last 2 hours that I'm here. FOR REAL, don't talk to me about becoming a Mormon right now. The talkative guy asked "what's the raddest free souvenir you've got here?" I gave him a pen. He gave me a tract.

So, other than THAT, not too much has been going on. I'm working all the time, whether it's in the box office or the costume shop. I've also been babysitting the delightful Harrell children this week (and the kittens) in exchange for dress alterations. We bought some wedding stuff this week (candy and napkins!). I ask Chris about everything involving our wedding. I even asked him about the dress. I mean, he always says the same thing ("whatever you want, baby!") but I still feel the need to ask him. I think we're going to look at rings tomorrow and, if nothing else, get our correct ring size and then possibly order them online.

I've been having crazy dreams lately. My most common re-occurring "bad dream" is that somehow I never graduated college and I have to go back and take another class. I am always SO relieved when I wake up. That would be HORRIBLE!

You know, I bet the Mormons chose me because they sensed that I don't drink. I am so unapproachable and miserable right now that I can't see why ANYONE would want to talk to me.

I am going on a train to New York City in a couple weeks! I am SO excited!! It's gonna be great. I'm going to see John in Hair on BROADWAY!! AHHHH! My first friend on Broadway. I'm also going to watch him introduce the KSU showcase--twice--but that's a technicality. He needed a date. I am in the process of hoarding magazines to read on the train. It's a long trip. I could have gotten a flight for slightly cheaper but I would have needed to find a ride to DC, which is two hours away. The train station in this town is literally 2 blocks away from me and I can get a ride all the way to Penn Station. That is great. I mean, maybe I really should not be excited about riding a train, but I TOTALLY am. Probably because I've never ridden one before. I'm also scared. What happens when you get on? Where do you put your bag? Exactly how late is the train from Staunton to NYC going to be? I have so many Amtrak-related questions.

1 comment:

Ernie Gonzalez said...

Did you know that I interpret dreams?