Sunday, February 01, 2009

i have nothing to eat and no clean clothes!

I think Chris is finally feeling better. He was pretty miserable all week long. I am so looking forward to being able to sleep in my bed again. The couch is fine but the bed is better.

I got my driver's license back this week! I had to re-take both the written and road test because it had been a year since it expired. I was more nervous than I have ever been in my LIFE! If I failed it would have been so embarrassing. I'm 26 and got my driver's license like 9 years ago. It would have been really stupid if I failed. Luckily I passed both and now I can drive a car and I feel so free. I drove and got just my bangs cut for $8 at my hair place and THEN I got an iced tea. Seriously, if you've been having someone else drive you around for the last year (when you were fortunate enough to be borrowing a car) and then you can suddenly do it yourself it feels AWESOME. Yesterday I drove all the way to Williamsburg (3 hours) for an audition. On the way back I stopped in Charlottesville for another audition. I was SO TIRED! Actually, okay, so I had a little bit of time in Charlottesville so I decided to buy some yoga pants mainly for the dance audition at this theatre. I knew, if I was just wearing tights and a leotard, that I would look ridiculously over-dressed (which is true: I would have). While I was in the dressing room I was so dizzy from not eating and driving 5 hours that... well... I don't know. I was just really dizzy. I can't think of any imagery to go along with that statement. Anyway, I was dizzy, but then I ate and I was better. Both auditions were fine... the dance audition was so funny. Yes, if you're auditioning for A Chorus Line or some other hugely dance-based musical, the dance call is probably going to be hard. It is NOT going to be hard for Oliver. When you think about it, it is just such a silly thing to do and an even sillier thing to get nervous over. I did make a friend at the auditions. Her name was Philena. We were like the only two people who didn't go to UVA at the dance call. I usually end up making friends in auditions or lines for things, which is funny to me because I generally think I look rather villainous since my hair is dark (dark hair = villain).

Today is the Super Bowl. I am happy that Jennifer Hudson will be singing. I hope she's okay. I know she isn't. She couldn't be. However, I hope that she is able to find things in her life to make her happy and that the rest of her life is tragedy free. Today is also PUPPY BOWL on the animal planet!!! That's gonna be a great game!!

The theatre made it's January goal of $250,000! Hooray!! Now we move on to what I consider the hard part: the next four months of $100,000 goals. These will only include donations and since I feel like everyone who is going to donate a lot of money already has already donated it's going to be hard. I just don't think the name is out there enough. I wish we could get on playbill.com. I don't know why we're not. I wish I had people donating money to ME. I'm a valuable resource, too.

Next weekend I am going to Memphis for the United Professional Theatre Auditions. I am staying with Ali, who I haven't seen in a year and a half, and I am EXCITED! I get back here on Sunday and on Monday I am going to the League of Washington Theatres auditions in Silver Springs, MD. There will be 96 theatres at UPTAs and like 50 at LOWTs so I really hope I get a job SOMEWHERE. If I don't... well... oh well, I guess. I have a lot of competition being an average height, white, belter. Given the fact that I am not a professional dancer doesn't do me any good, either. PLUS.... I'm not blonde. I could be blonde, but I decided I probably shouldn't be blonde again. I am funny, though... and I CAN play the guitar. I can also sing a song in ANY KEY. I am a valuable resource if not, maybe, unique upon first appearance.

No comments: