Thursday, July 06, 2006

Yesterday was so much fun. I adore all of my roommates (and Dan and Griffin) so much. After a trip to Gabe's and Ali's hometown of Wadsworth, we went to the Waffle House (because it's pretty much the cheapest restaurant anyone can go to) and had such a nice time. We don't even have to do anything spectacular; I just love them all so much.

Jessie had to go see "Our Town" for the box office last night and she said it was incredible. I can't wait to see it tomorrow night. We're performing at their opening night reception, which most of us feel really bad about because we feel like we're taking away from THEIR party. It's also going to be... difficult tomorrow. Rehearsal ends at 2 and since none of us want to be sweaty and disgusting since we're performing we need to shower AND eat AND drive to P-house in an hour and a half (and driving there will take half an hour). It also wouldn't make any sense to go home between the cabaret rehearsal there and the show because the drive is too long and gas is so expensive and we make... you know... not a ton of money and haven't gotten paid yet. Jessie got the time pushed back half an hour because before we only had ONE HOUR to do all three things which is, frankly, impossible. I hope it works out... some people made fun of us behind our backs when we expressed this concern to them.

Meg was at rehearsal to watch today. In the "surrogate mother" analogy, it was like she was receiving a picture of the baby via sonogram for the first time. It's not like I didn't know this was coming--I obviously always knew I was the understudy--but the more I have to rehearse it, the more I get attached to it and the harder it's going to be sitting in the back instead. I love Meg and I KNOW she is going to be brilliant, but it's so sad for me. (Because I am a girl and I have a lot of emotions.)

Everyone I know in Kent was or IS at the rec right now. It's so much more entertaining this way. "Next" is on MTV every time we are here and that show is so stupid but so funny.

PS - the Leper scene in JCS is so scary!

No comments: