Saturday, July 08, 2006

I wish it were possible for people to comment on here. I hate that fact that the flash comments haven't worked for weeks and that they haven't tried AT ALL to fix it.

I'm at the rec as usual... when we first got here Allison started filling her bottle of water up and this weird, old guy was like "That's the spittoon! You're probably going to die, now!" I am cherishing my final moments with her before she passes away from the water that flowed INTO the "spittoon."

We got to come in an hour late to rehearsal today.... although some of us could have come in 2 hours late and it wouldn't have mattered since we sat there for an hour not doing anything. I can't argue with not doing anything, but when you could be in bed instead... it's better. We worked a lot with moving the stairs and getting acquainted with the set.

Now, to elaborate on "Our Town." Like I said, I KNEW what was going to happen so it's not like it was a surprise or anything... but the direction was just UNBELIEVABLE. The part when Emily went back to her 12th birthday completely blew my freaking mind. I never could have imagined it like that. Oh God, and George running through the gravestones and falling at Emily's feet completely killed me because of the WAY that he did it. Every single person in the cast was amazing... it seemed like the opportunity of a lifetime for those people. I'm jealous. And the "town" choir sounded so good that I was afraid when we started singing at their after party that we were going to look like complete idiots. I'm pretty sure we did, but it wasn't completely terrible. I've been thinking about this production all day... I just can't wait to see it again. I have also never cried that hard during a play ever, I think. I was on the verge of just breaking down completely and sobbing. I had to literally run out of the theatre to blow my nose because my whole face was just... covered in snot. I know that's gross, but that's how good this show was. I even cried while talking to Emily, Ryan and the director, Matt, because I was reliving it. It was just so outstanding.

Tomorrow is my last day as the surrogate Mary. I should be happy since I won't have the opportunity to become even more attached to the role... but, you know... I'm not. It just sucks.

No comments: