Tuesday, July 04, 2006

God, I don't even know where to begin. So much happens in my life anymore. Well, I suppose Happy Independence Day, everyone! This is my least favorite day of the entire year to have to go to work, but it's not AS bad when it's rehearsal. Although... it's still bad. Especially when they don't have the AC on in the building because they assumed no one would be there (since it's a holiday) and you're dancing like crazy. And then you get home to eat lunch and the power in the building is off. I'm pretty sure it's going to rain more tonight and even if it doesn't it rained so much in the afternoon that any fireworks are pretty much ruined. Oh well, like I've said before, fireworks never really thrill me since they don't write "Annie" in the sky...

Meg doesn't start until next week to play Mary and I've been having a lot of fun as her understudy. It sucks. You know why it sucks? Because I will NEVER get to go on. I'm doing all her blocking and I will know the role completely for nothing. This must be what being a surrogate mother is like.

Yesterday we went to Huron to go to the beach but it started to rain. We still went in the lake and most of us still had fun but it was also kind of disappointing. When it started to rain pretty hard we went back to the cars and I listened to a voice mail from my dad who suggested we go swim in the indoor pool at his hotel. Everyone loved this idea and then we had SO MUCH FUN in the pool and hot tub. After that we had dinner and one group of people left while me, Ali and the boys stopped at my parents' house and then went to see "1776" at the HP (I'm sorry Cleric---it was a last minute trip and it made more sense than to go BACK to Huron another day this week). I'm really glad we went. The pace was a little... very.... slow but most of the performances were great. Actually, there was only one I didn't really like... but I'll be nice and not say who he was. Although, if I talked to you after the show I'm sure I told you who it was. We also went to the thrift store where they were having this amazing sale where any item of clothing with red, white or blue was only 99 cents and if you knew the year that America was founded you got ANOTHER 25% off. So, I got three really cute things for only $2.36. I was so excited.

People had a couple of parties this weekend, so that was fun. We're also working out pretty much every day (except today since the rec is closed), and that's good. I had this amazing idea about these plastic horse figurines which I need to take into effect... but it won't make a ton of sense if I talk about it just yet.

I LOVE rehearsing the cabaret. Dan and I do this ridiculous lift for absolutely no reason at the end of "Magic to Do" (which is our opening number). I also dance like a moron which everyone loves. Of course. Speaking of lifts, Dan and I played the "dirty dancing" lake lift game yesterday.... I've always wanted to do that but I never had a friend who was willing or able to lift me. And now I do. And I love it. Thank you, Dan, for making my dreams come true.

No comments: