Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Last night I was finally able to get Chris to sign the thank you cards from our wedding which I wrote TWO MONTHS AGO. I was so proud of myself; I got them all done while bartending the week after we got back. I should have just done them at home and handed each one to him after I was finished to sign. He was REALLY busy during the last week of May and almost all of June, plus I was away doing the show, so it was hard to know if he did or did not actually have time to do it. Last night, though, when he was organizing music on itunes for a couple of hours, I brought it up and finally got it to happen. So, if you're like, "Wow, those guys are jerks for not sending thank you cards yet" know that we're only KIND OF jerks because they were done, just sitting in a bag waiting to be signed. And now we have to send them out in shifts because we don't have enough money for all the postage.

Oh my God. There is this fly in here that won't leave me alone and not only won't leave me alone, every time the phone rings it flies into my face. AHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! I just murdered him. There are flies in here every day because we usually keep the front door open before the show while people are coming in and right after the show as they're leaving. Normally they're annoying but they're not trying to crawl into your brain via your nostrils or sit on your eyeballs. This one was. I don't think I've ever actually been ABLE to kill a fly before but I am happy that the one time I did, it was the one that REALLY deserved it. I gave him a chance. I tried scaring him and shooing him away... it did not work. I think it had gone crazy, anyway.

My friends are back in town! Some of them never left (Dennis) but now the ones who DID are back (Ben, Ginna, Josh, Rick). I haven't actually seen Ginna or Josh yet. I look forward to when I do, though. Tonight I think I am going to see a movie by myself. It's that movie Every Little Step. Had I known it was playing yesterday I might have taken Chris but I'm afraid it won't be here after this weekend. It PROBABLY will but I don't want to miss it by assuming that and being wrong.

I talked to my friend John on Sunday. He's still having fun on Broadway. The cast of Hair (that he is in) performed on The Tonight Show last night. I have seen him perform on TV at least 3 times now... Tonight Show, Late Show and the Tony awards. They were also on Good Morning, America but that was when I was at Heritage and had no TV. I saw some clips online, though! I never even watch anyone else during those things. I am just constantly looking for John or watching John because he's in the middle of the screen. It's very fun. They won a Tony award, you know. One of my best friends from college is in the cast of a Tony award winning musical on Broadway. It makes me want to cry.

I can't believe it's nearly 11am and that I've been at work for 2 hours. That is so absurd to me. I didn't sleep a lot last night because I am so used to going to bed late and getting up late because I haven't worked a morning in about a month and that was only one day (and that was a music rehearsal). This is only like the 3rd time I've opened the theatre all year. I think I am going to have more of this shift for the next couple of weeks, though... mainly because I have no idea how to run reports to close the playhouse since we switched ticketing software while I was away. I am so useful.

I don't remember what DAY I wrote last but I think it was before I got my hair colored last week. I am so happy that it's finally done. Holy crap, it looked so stupid... and now it looks great! They added a lot more blonde highlights than I was expecting but I really like it. I never mind blonde hair. I had a good time at the salon and I really liked my hairstylist... but when I walked back into my apartment and looked in the mirror there was dye ALL OVER my forehead and face. There was even some on my nose. She wiped a lot off my face but I am really wondering how she missed this. I had to scrub it off, which took some serious effort since it had been setting for a while. They did give me a free cupcake-shaped soap and some free lip balm, though. I love free stuff and they always give me some at good old Tease.

No comments: