Sunday, January 18, 2009

i want to work on a cruise ship

It's cold everywhere in the east and my apartment is like the number 1 coldest place. I lined all the windows with clothes I was going to take to goodwill but it's hardly making a difference. We had to turn the gas on (even though our gas bill for November/December was $216 for a ONE BEDROOM APARTMENT! It's not like we even had it on that much--we were out of town for a week, too), the space heater has been following us from room to room, the windows are completely frosted over every morning, I even sleep with a hat on! It's cold. I can't wait until it's just a little bit warmer so that it's not freezing in here. We come home after work and it's 50 degrees in the living room.

This week "The Revenger's Tregedy" opened at the theatre and it's disturbing and messed up and hilarious in how macabre it is and the music is awesome and I actually really liked it a lot. It is not for everyone, though... in fact, if someone were to ask me, would say it's not for anyone under 17. There were two kids there on Friday night... one about 10 and the other 7. The grandparents came in that morning and asked if the show was appropriate for them, Jen said no, they asked what it was about, she told them and then the kids BEGGED to go. Apparently it was mentioning the skull that made them want to go. After the first intermission the grandmother was, I thought, moving the kids off the stage, but they came back to their seats on stage after the intermission was over. The kids were really into it and the grandparents didn't seem TOO concerned... although I do wonder, if it would have been their parents, if they would have felt the same. I mean, come on, a guy rapes a skeleton. That is definitely not for all people, let alone kids.

I had a good time at my parents' house. It snowed a ton on Saturday the 10th, so much so that it took my sister and I 3 hours to drive from Huron to my grandma's house (normally an 1.5 at the most). My dad took me to an audition the next day for TB's summer theatre... and he forgot about the audition and was 45 minutes late. It was pretty funny. I was sad to go back here, but happy to see Chris. His dad was in town the day I got back, too, and he bought us dinner. Then I had to go back to work, but it's been okay. I'm bartending almost every show and I really do like to bartend. Plus, I get to watch at least half the show... and that means lots of SKULLS! The're actually doing a song called "Skulls" by the Misfits and listen... it's messed up, but it's also really cool. If you know this song (which I'm sure you don't) it doesn't really sound like the original.... but it does sound better. You feel strange when you have lyrics like "and the blood drains down like devil's rain/ we'll bathe tonight" stuck in your head. Those guys ARE misfits!!

The Survive and Thrive campaign at the theatre has been going pretty well. Ben had the great idea to stand in the lobby after the show and collect donations which is REALLY working. He gives a pretty amazing speech during the pre-show, too. Last night we made about $300 in small donations that people dropped into his hat and a couple bigger donations that were mailed to the theatre. There was also a fundraising event at one of the wineries, so hopefully that brought in some money. I sure hope they make the January goal! I don't want to be out on the street.

Other than that, not too much has been going on. A TON will be going on the 31st- Feb 9th, but right now... not too much. I really need to get my bangs cut. They can hardly be considered bangs anymore.

No comments: