Sunday, November 02, 2008

a newfoundland dog can grow as big as a baby elephant

My birthday was a lot of fun. Chris and I went to Roanoke which for some reason everyone thought was like 3 hours away but it's only 1.5. We went to the Olive Garden and other such amazing places like the mall and target. There was a puppy store in the mall and HOLY CRAP did they have adorable puppies in there. We later went to Petsmart and I got to pet some kitties. I think whenever we do get a cat and dog we'll get young adults so that I don't lose my mind. I pet a big kitty named Annabelle. Chris thought I said her name was "Animal" which is now the name he wants to give a pet. After we got home we went to the gelato place and I got a big brownie sundae of which I was able to eat less than half. I felt like I was going to go into a sugar coma. I put it in the freezer.

Yesterday Chris and I helped judge a high school theatre competition. It was actually a lot of fun. A couple of the schools were AWESOME and it was just kind of nice to see something other than an ASC show. A proscenium stage??? Whaaaaaat's that? Anyway, it was fun, some of the kids were really good actors and we made $75 and got to eat a free sandwich.

Right now I am lobby sitting while the kids from the college hold their auditions in the theatre for their grad projects. This kind of thing always sucks because you can't not get bored. I'd probably just be sitting at home doing stuff online but at least at home I can play the guitar or something. There is, however, an adorable child here who has endless things to say. Her parents are British and she has this really high voice with a hint of an English accent. She really has a lot to say to her mom. It is really funny. Her mom is kind of having a meeting with a student and the little girl keeps telling her she's going to leave. "Bye, mom. See you tomorrow!" She speaks really well for a 2-3 year old and it's just really funny.

I am super tired right now even though I slept a ton this morning (thank you, daylight savings). Probably because I know how bored I am going to be until I get out of here. We have to go shopping tonight because we kept putting it off.

I can't WAIT until Wednesday, when the election is over. If there is anyone on earth who will miss this hellish time of year they are insane. I hate how every other commercial is an attack on some candidate, I hate getting mail telling to to vote for McCain (yeah right), I hate hearing about the scams going around... like the people who sent stuff out saying that democrats vote on November 5th and Republicans on the 4th. Everyone is so mean to everyone else and I just hate it. I can't wait until it is over.

Chris Johnston and I are doing the preshow music for Santaland Diaries and I am now on the quest to find music. It is hard. Sufjan Stevens has a pretty good Christmas album and you know I will of course push for "Father Christmas" by the Kinks but finding songs that meet my requirements for awesomeness is difficult.

1 comment:

bethany said...

You should listen to Over the Rhine's Snow Angel album. I find it awesome, and I think it is objectively awesome also. Specifically, I think you will like a song called "All I Ever Get for Christmas is Blue"