Wednesday, June 25, 2008

This is week two at the box office. Luckily I have more of an idea of how to do my job. I still ask a lot of questions, but that's just me. I'm really looking forward to doing stuff with the gift shop. We're out of like... everything. And *I* want to get some new t-shirts or something. The "baby doll" tees are too short unless you get a large or extra large and then they're too boxy.

I've had to wake up at 8am almost every day. Those of you who know me know that this is.... not my favorite thing to do. I better get used to it, though. I went to bed at 11:30pm last night and still woke up tired. I'm one of those creepy night people who get everything done at night (even exercise) and now I CAN'T. Oh well.

I saw Measure for Measure last Thursday and I was so surprised by... everything. I saw this play at Kent in 2002 but I didn't care then and had no idea what happened other than someone fell in love with a nun. I REALLY liked it here! The scene where Angelo was threatening Isabella and trying to BE with her was AWESOME! I was so proud of Rene and Sarah... I mean, it's not every day when you turn to your fiance next to you and say, "this scene is AMAZING!" while it's going on. Or maybe YOU do. I don't know. What I DO know is that I really ended up liking the play a lot. It's really messed up. I mean, it's like the most messed up play ever. The messed up-ness makes it really interesting, though. It's funny and WEIRD and still relates to very current issues. Good job, Shakespeare. Good job making your plays relevant FOREVER.

Yesterday the cable man came and now we have TV AND INTERNET!!!! It's so exciting! We were going to get Verizon but the satellite couldn't be installed because of the trees across the street. We called comcast that day and they came the next. Verizon was going to take over a WEEK to install everything. Hooray comcast... although I've heard they suck in other areas. We will see. Actually, I'm SURE they're going to suck all the time but at least they came to install the stuff really fast.

Chris and I went to Daniel's house on Monday and visited his new dog, GOBBO (awwwww!) and also did laundry. I miss Daniel. I miss everyone. I uploaded my pictures from the last two days, you can view them at flickr.com/photos/alisaledyard. Here's a pretty one...

No comments: