Sunday, June 29, 2008

i love peter gabriel, too!

Chris and I just got back from seeing WALL-E with our friend John Pasha, who is in the resident troupe, and it was SO GOOD. I mean, it was just so, so good. I cried like a little baby at the end and I cried for no real reason at the beginning. I don't think I closed my mouth the entire movie. It's not news that I love kids' books and/or movies (especially Pixar) but I don't even think this should be classified as a "kids' movie." I don't know what could be more appealing to children than adults. It was wonderful. Really, just beautiful and wonderful and everyone should go see it.

We've been fed for free a couple of times this week. Today was the NEH welcome picnic at the MBC campus so we had dinner and cake there. Last night was Ginna's birthday party and I had way too much sugar. I was house assisting with Solomon and we both got these iced mochas before the show... holy crap did it go right to my head. I wasn't so much hyper as I was dizzy and extra scatterbrained. It's 100% because I didn't eat dinner until 10pm. Too much caffeine and sugar, nothing to balance it out. After the show I ate dinner but then I had two mini Twix, two s'mores and half a piece of cake at Ginna's. It was a lot of fun, though. She had hula hoops. Oh, and, the funniest part of the night was when we looked over at Matt, who was sitting on the blanket where all the candy from the piƱata had fallen, and eating it (licking candy wrappers and everything) all by himself. It was hilarious. On Friday the a group from UVA was here and they threw an opening night party for the resident troupe at a restaurant in downtown. I ended up making friends with Dennis and singing the last scene of Rent for Rene. I also told everyone about Shakespeare's inside joke in Shrew (it's a throw back to Two Gents), including Ralph, who founded the theatre, and everyone agreed that it HAS to be an inside joke. Someday, if you're lucky, maybe I'll tell you, too, of my discovery.

The box office was a pretty stressful place Thursday, Friday and Saturday. On Thursday it was supposed to rain so I wore my rain boots and then everyone made fun of me. By "everyone" I am also including patrons of the theatre because someone said something along the lines of, "Well THERE'S a fashion statement!" as I was wheeling the bar cart through the lobby (I was also wearing a dress... but the rain boots MATCHED the dress so it was nothing but practical). I kept saying they wouldn't be laughing when it started to rain... which it of course never did. Everyone laughed at me and I didn't even get to rub it in their faces when I had dry feet and they did not. It was just a bad night. Plus, in the summer the boots get really hot.

Tomorrow we are getting paid and I can't wait. We HAVE to get the kitchen cart this week... we only have enough counter to hold the dish drainer and that's not enough. Perhaps we'll also buy another fan. I am going to get my hair cut, hopefully tomorrow. I haven't gotten it cut since we were in Jefferson City, MO in March. Now that I have no hair requirements I think I might bring back my bangs.

I love having days off. It's really good. I also love having internet access. Thanks for joining me at this, the new blog location.

No comments: