Thursday, March 31, 2011

it's hard to post in March

The weather has been stupid and it's only going to be more stupid the next couple of days. It's going to be a rain/snow mix tonight. All I can do is hope that once this weather system passes, the winter is DONE. We are below normal for this time of year and winter needs to go away and pick up sticks. Serious spring abandonment.

In other news, some of the American Idol contestants are really good. I really love Haley Reinhart. She is like everything I want in a contestant on American Idol. I hope she wins. She would be the most fun winner of the show ever. In other reality TV news, Richard Blais DID win Top Chef last night and we ("we" being everyone in the world) were thrilled. If he wouldn't have won it would have sucked. Also, in REGULAR TV news, Michael's engagement to Holly on the Office was one of the best TV engagements ever! Good job. I laughed and cried.

See what I have been reduced to, winter???? I want to go outsssssiiiiiidddddddeeee!!

Chris turned 40 on Sunday. We had a good day which involved lots of food and good times with Ginna and Sheffield at the Bare Burger of Astoria. I got him a pair of shoes, new jeans, a bag, a groupon for a massage, tickets to a Mets game, new sunglasses and a keychain! I went all out, huh? That's probably more gifts than I've ever gotten him, combined. (Thanks to the extra paycheck in March for making this possible.) He was happy. If you can't go all out on someone's 40th birthday, when can you?

We did have a day of almost 80 degrees on March 18th. The 17th was really nice, too. I was doing laundry that day and the temperature kept going up.... by the time I was going to pick up my clothes I realized it was totally unnecessary for me to wear a jacket or sleeves at all. I wish it would have stayed that temperature... forever.

I painted my fingernails light purple because it reminded me of the color I used to wear in high school and because it's the only thing I can control about spring. I just can't wait to go by the park and suddenly there will be leaves everywhere. It's going to be the best day!

I feel like I have no clothes to wear but it's obviously not true. I have just exhausted my winter wardrobe. I am both sick of wearing the clothes and have worn them much more than normal because I must just own less winter clothes (strangely... since I'm from the north. I guess it's wishful thinking). Sigh.

Retail is so weird. We are starting to get summer products and SPRING hasn't even arrived for most of the country, yet. It's making my completely obvious and frustrating Spring Fever even worse.

I mean, what if spring NEVER COMES???? What if it's cold, windy and rainy and then suddenly it's 90 degrees and humid until it's cold, windy and rainy again??? What if there is no longer a spring or fall?? What if that is the new "normal" (thanks to Climate Change). WHAT IF IT IS???? You can't prove that it's NOT...

I am going insane. I miss spring so much.

No comments: