Monday, July 12, 2010

groupon rules

So, apparently LeBron didn't read my letter. Oh well. My dad said, "He wanted to have a party instead." I think that was the most surprising thing. I didn't think he was that kind of person. The Super Team thing will never work... they NEVER DO... so he really is just going to have a big party. I suppose he's 25, never went to college and has had a lot of responsibility placed on him to be something special, so I assume his desire to have a party is pretty high... I just guess no one expected it to affect his decision.

What I do think is FUNNY, though, is how NYC and Chicago are all acting like THEY are the ones who have been so scorned by LeBron James. My dad also pointed out that they did make sure their teams totally sucked for the last couple of years so that they could afford him, which I didn't know (I knew they sucked but I didn't know they sucked for a REASON), but still. Most people in the world who cared wanted him to stay with Cleveland, even most New Yorkers I talked to. And now NYC, Chicago and Cleveland totally hate him and no one in Miami even cares because they're too busy being high and sitting on the beach. This is like the state champ winning high school football star passing up a full ride scholarship to the great school nearby to pay tons of money to go to the party school on the beach. Actually, it's exactly like that. This IS that. I just hope he doesn't abandon his girlfriend, too.

So, in other news, we put a deposit down on one of the apartments we saw the other night and we're just waiting to hear from the broker. I think Chris forgot to charge his phone so we might be waiting until much later today when he actually gets a chance to turn it on. I hope we get it. If we don't, I hope we get something even better. Today I thought our apartment was on fire but it was just some guy grilling in the alley between the buildings. I'm 98% sure the smoke detector in this apartment is not working so since I ALSO heard a fire truck at the same time I smelled smoke, I freaked out a little. I'm really glad the building wasn't on fire. Besides the lack of smoke detector, there's also no fire escape!

I babysat Spencer, Megan and Joe's son, the other night. Chris was there too, but since he didn't change his diaper, I don't really consider his contribution part of the babysitting. He was so funny! Spencer is going to be 2 in October. He doesn't have a very big vocabulary but he did manage to communicate with us pretty well. He seemed to understand a lot more than what he could actually say. I was winking at him and he thought it was hilarious and then tried to wink back. This was unsuccessful but awesome. He even pulled his one eyelid down with his finger at one point. He went to sleep REALLY easily; I literally put him in his PJs , put him in the crib and he immediately was sleeping... but then he woke up an hour later, cried for 45 minutes (there was nothing I could do for him, he wanted his parents) and then was too tired to cry anymore, so he fell asleep again. Then we watched LOST until they got back.

I've been very scared because of this article. It's too much for me to handle.

I'm currently trying to decide whether or not to buy a groupon for $20 worth of food for $10. I think, with iced tea at $3 each, we'd still spend about $10 more for drinks and tip which is really just $20 TOTAL, which is not bad anywhere. That's two burritos and 2 drinks from Chipotle. It's probably worth it, right? Plus, we'd get to go somewhere we've never been before and have food that we didn't get from the deli at the grocery store. Live a little. While we still can!!!! Ahhhhhh!!!

I actually can't wait to go to work tonight because we got a bunch of new stuff from the early-fall/late-summer line and I LOVE IT when we get new stuff. I'm always "Ooooooooooh"-ing and "Ahhhhhhh"-ing for like 10 minutes after I walk in the door. It's great. What is also great is my effing self control. I have my $50 that I won to use at the store just sitting in a drawer... waiting for the right bag to come along someday.... the perfect storm.

No comments: