Saturday, June 20, 2009

this is an update

Ok. I know. Where did I go? Listen. It's hard to blog nowadays. Don't get me wrong, I've got plenty of TIME, it's just hard to get up the drive to actually DO IT. I don't know if I'll ever finish my honeymoon adventure. If I don't.... we had a wonderful time every single day at Disney World. We went everywhere and we had great food all over the place. I did the "American Idol Experience" at Disney's Hollywood Studios, I got on the 11 o'clock show, won my round and then competed during the finale at 7pm. I did not win that, nor did I think I would... the guy who won looked just like Matthew McConaughey and was a good singer. I had no chance. Disney World was hot but it did not rain at all the entire time we were there. It was a perfect honeymoon and we had a wonderful time.

So, I'm still in C-ville. We open this Thursday. Rehearsals have been going well and I think the show will be as good as "Oliver!" can possibly be. I am dancing a lot ("Oliver" dancing is not the same as, say, "A Chorus Line" dancing, but it's still fun) and I have made some friends, which is good. I miss Chris but it's been bearable. I like my roommates and I am able to go on walks every day before rehearsal so Ive been keeping busy.

Another thing I've been doing while here is re-organizing my music binder and finding new music for auditions. I have felt VERY on top of things lately. New headshots, new songs, I'm reading a couple new plays for monologues, new binder (my old one fell apart.. this one is made from recycled paper! Yay!), new drive to succeed in theatre.... yes. Now all I need to do is go to some auditions. I am thinking about the fall SETCs and I'm also going to try my darnedest to sublet a place in the fall in NYC and get my move on. We're still not sure about what Chris is going to do, yet... whether or not he wants to do another season here and whether or not he gets offered another season and whether or not they're good roles. He has the problem of needing health insurance because of his asthma so that's a big concern. I, apparently, don't need health insurance at all! I wish I still had it. I wish I would have been able to USE my dental insurance before it was taken away. It's such a bummer.

The other day (yesterday) the ensemble had to perform "Consider Yourself" at the downtown mall, a capella, for this local news station. It was live. It was kind of embarrassing because of COURSE a crowd formed and people took pictures.... and, you know, it's just kind of embarrassing to begin with. You can watch the clip here. I'm in the frame almost the entire time (in teal). At least I didn't mess up.

I am soooo tired today for the first time since I've been here. We had a sing through starting at 10am with the orchestra and I woke up at 8am. Since I've been going to bed so late (usually after 2am---we have rehearsal at night because of the kids) I couldn't fall asleep last night before then and consequently got less sleep than I have in weeks. I was walking to get coffee a while ago (at nearly 7pm) and I might as well have been sleep walking. I may have ACTUALLY been sleep walking. You know how sometimes you're so tired you're completely useless? I'm pretty sure you're technically asleep when that's happening. I was a zombie trudging down the sidewalk. Right now I am on my second (third?) wind while waiting for Chris to come get me since I have off tomorrow.

We got our professional wedding photos and they are awesome. I'll post some individual ones sometime soon (I PROMISE!!!) but here is a link to the entire album. You might have to register for snapfish but, you know, whatever. I made this awesome album using picaboo, a program I HIGHLY recommend. It took FOREVER to make (the program was soooo slow) but the quality is amazing and, get this: I ordered it on a Wednesday and it arrived at our apartment on Friday. It is a completely personalized book and hardcover and THAT'S how quick it came. I was amazed and then thrilled. I couldn't believe how good it looked. It's great and perfect.

Alright, this is all I can give you right now. I need to finish packing up some stuff to go home.

No comments: