Sunday, January 01, 2006

I did it. I didn't call Jim on his birthday.

Let me just say that during the last minute of this ridiculous year, I almost ran out of the room with my phone to call him and tell him happy birthday. It was a struggle until the very end. I actually had that storybook type internal argument with myself. But somehow... I did it.

It didn't make me any happier.



Work sucked. We were super busy until 8:30, when we got off the wait and I only had four more tables in the last 2.5 hours. I also couldn't have one of my tables sat for a while because of this party... so when I was hoping to make at least $100, I only made $85.

I watched "March of the Penguins" last night. It was really beautifully done and I liked it a lot. We also watched "Finding Neverland" which was good. I saw "Saved!" the other night again, which is a GREAT movie... I would suggest it to anyone.

I open tomorrow morning which SUCKS. Not that I'm out having fun or doing anything, but it still sucks. It's now officially my mom's birthday. Happy Birthday, mom!

I woke up this morning with NO voice at all. I don't really feel bad besides that, but I don't think talking at work helped it any. I think tomorrow it will be worse.

I didn't keep either of my 2005 resolutions. One was to stretch every day, which lasted a couple of weeks, the other was to read/finish the whole bible. I got off track on that one for mooooonths, but when Jim broke up with me I started reading the Old Testament again from the beginning. I'm almost done with 2 Chronicles, but I already read all of the New Testament, so I don't really have THAT much left. This year it will be easier to do the things I want to do. I won't have any distractions...

The Week of Despair is almost over. Some people at work were talking about Disney World today because one girl's brother is there and another's parents live in Orlando. They said it was a beautiful day in Orlando today. Great.

Sorry I'm such a downer lately. No one likes a downer. I just can't help it... I have nothing happy to talk about.

No comments: