Sunday, August 07, 2005

I had a comment the other night from someone named John (not THE John, but A john) saying he thought a 10% tip was good. Uhhhh...no. It's expected at my restaurant, but a 10% tip is VERY BAD. 15% is acceptable, but 20% is STANDARD. 20% makes a GOOD tip... anything less is... tears.

I would have updated yesterday but I literally have spent every hour that I wasn't at work the last two days (or sleeping, or showering, etc) since I got my package from my mom, reading Harry Potter 3. I finished about an hour ago. I only got about 40 pages done before work yesterday, then halfway through before bed and about 70 pages left before work today, and then I finished it. Obviously. Now I can start the 4th book. :)

Harry Potter has been haunting my dreams (just like that pig did, last week). The night before I got the package I dreamt of some kind of Harry Potter-esque scenario and last night I did, too. My mom also sent some mega M&Ms, $20 (where'd she get $20!?!?!) and a letter... and since mom officially told me "the news" in the letter, I can actually talk about it... so no, Jen, you can't get mad, now.

So, my parents are losing their house. They can't afford the mortgage and I think they have <6 months until the sheriff comes back. I already knew, but if I WOULDN'T have known, the way my mom "told me" would have been the worst way to break something to someone, ever. "just so you know, we're losing the house..." I was never surprised... in all reality, I think I'm a little relieved, because I know my dad won't have to sleep on his office floor anymore once they are forced to move... but it's really weird to think about how I no longer have a home. I can "go home" for Christmas, but I don't know where i'd be going. I mean.... this is REALLY it. I'm REALLY on my own, now... and to everyone who thought it was a mistake for me to move, now I'm sure you can see why I really didn't have a choice to begin with. I knew this was coming... there was no use pretending it wasn't. My mom will always be ok... I'm sad for my dad because I think he probably feels like this is THE biggest let down he could ever do. We know it's not his fault. I just feel bad..

And I don't think anyone knows what is going to happen to Jen, as she has at least two years left at Akron.

Anyway.... I made a little over $55 tonight, Jim came to visit (I gave him a coupon) and I went to Justin's party for approximately 20 minutes. I made him a goodbye card. Ernesto wrote "I love you justin" and drew a bleeding heart... *I* love ernesto. And Justin.

And that Harry Potter.




EDIT: Oh, also, I did get my hair cut, my heart has been acting normally pretty much (I've determined it feels like fluttering... it's happened about once a day since the first day it was happening) and cook Hugo accidentally elbowed me in the stomach today and managed to knock the wind out of me. Coincidentally, this was the second time that happened in a week (Jim did it earlier) and next time, I'm just gonna force myself to puke on whoever does it to me. Somehow.

No comments: