Friday, November 04, 2005

I made $40 at work. Sadly, I had the same number of tables tonight as I had last night, same section... I just had lower checks. Oh, and the managers are going to be mad at me because the first three tables I had stayed for 2 hours EACH.

And on the very first table... oh jeez... I couldn't tell if one of these people was a guy or a girl. I said "ladies" at first, but then I glanced over and it kind of looked like a guy... so then I said "and for you, sir?" and noticed, no, I was right the first time. It was a girl (seriously, it was so hard to tell). I then apologized and blamed it on the fact that "i've been here all day.." which of COURSE was a lie since they were my first table. Whoops.

I didn't really do anything else today. I slept in and went to work. Tomorrow I have to pay the electric bill, go to work and then try to get another shift for the evening. No one would switch me shifts and I NEED that Friday night money. I'm also probably going to have to do that for Saturday. And maybe Sunday (even though I should go to church. I heard people ACTUALLY make money on Sundays, though), too. Monday and Tuesday I should be on the Suite Life, though, so that'll just be fun.

Renee Olstead was at the restaurant today. It was funny because a lot of people recognized her for being on "Still Standing", but I was the ONLY one who recognized her for being a singer. I wanted to say something, but then I thought it'd be weird so I didn't. I did call Jim, though, because I needed to tell SOMEONE who knew who she was, and he was the only one I could tell.

And you know what I HATE? Talking to Jim now. Not because I don't want to (because obviously I DO), but because it's not the same. He's all business. He answers the phone now like he answers when anyone else calls him. I used to get a special answer. I used to be special to him. That sucks.

Sorry. I'm glad we can at least talk now... but it still sucks. I don't know why I expected it to be different.

No comments: