Sunday, July 24, 2005

We were sooo busy at work last night. Well, at least *I* was so busy. I took like 15 tables and then I was very tired. Of course, after taking 15 tables I only made $60... which is double what I've made all week, but there should NEVER be a week when I only make $150---working 6 serving shifts! Argh!

Also... haha... last night at one of my tables there was this really mean lady. The other lady asked what soups we have and since I always go over them too fast, I like to have people follow along with me in the menu so they can SEE, too. Anyway, so she asked, and I said "Well, we have 3 different types, everyday, they're all on the first page of your menu...." and I was about to start going over them when mean lady snapped "Why don't you just tell her what they are??" and I had this instinctual sad face and I started to explain that I go over them too fast, blah blah blah, all the time thinking "keep this look on your face, Alisa. Look like you're about to cry..." and then when mean lady looked back up at me (and I DID look like I was about to cry) she said "Um... I think we're going to need a new waitress." And I whispered "okay" and then skipped away because I was SO HAPPY they weren't my problem anymore. I figured, she was such a mean person that she wouldn't have tipped me anyway, so the most I could do was to make her feel bad for being so rude... but she's just too mean for emotions like that. So, I told Nick right away exactly what happened (in case they complained) and then I told everyone else, and everyone else was mad and went over to glare at the woman. And then I went on my break.

Friday after work Jim and I went to the beach so he could surf... I finished Harry Potter 1 (the only thing I didn't like was when the entire truth was revealed so easily... it was too cliche) and I started the second book. I was going to buy books 3 and 4 (because Jim doesn't have them) but then I found out how poor I am and realized I can't do it. Rob Strong found a dinosaur for me on the beach. I just realized that Rob strong IS "Bobby Strong." Hahaha...

SPEAKING OF URINETOWN.... Ed called me today. Apparently there is only 1 soprano in the cast and she can't hold the part on her own (*I* could have held the part on my own) and the scene changes are too fast for Becky two shoes/Mrs. Millennium and so they cut Mrs. Millennium out of a bunch of scenes... so he's going to talk to them today to see IF they'll make me Mrs. Millennium/random poor person. I don't know if this will work, but it would definitely be a big blow to them when they see how freaking better I am than... ok, I won't finish that sentence. I don't know if *I* want to do it 100% because of things I started planning.... but I'm kind of so desperate to be in something now that I just might, despite the small role. And looooong driving. And no money. But still, I am very desperate!

I am also going to a couple of auditions this week... one for disney's Aladdin (again) and another for the tour of Wicked, which I would be happy just to actually AUDITION for.

Ok, and now I need to shower because I slept way too long and it's late. Adios.

No comments: