Saturday, February 02, 2013

groundhog day

I'm still going! God, it's pathetic that I'm excited to be going to EPAs. I should have been going all along. I admit, it hasn't been easy to get up ANY morning, but I am always happy when I go, even if nothing happens. It's just a good idea.

However, something good DID happen. I got called back for Audrey in "Little Shop of Horrors" which is a role I've wanted to play for a long time, but I always thought it would be really hard to be considered for. I don't "look like Audrey" and I figured if I ever was considered for the role, it would be by a director who already knew me. I am thrilled to be called back but even more thrilled that the director looked outside of the Blonde Girl Box. She is such a great, underrated character and I am excited to give it my all at the callback.

So, it was awesome to feel validated and it has given me motivation to keep going. I also decided this would be the perfect time to start going back to dance class. I will never be a dancer, but it will obviously help me to be dancing again.

Improv is still going great and I am already looking forward to taking 201. I have a busy week with a couple auditions, choir rehearsal, my callback, Rock-a-Baby classes on 3 days, improv and the new dance class. We're also going to see ASSSSSCat instead of watching the super bowl tomorrow. How very nerdy of us.

No comments: