Wednesday, March 15, 2006

THE IDES OF MARCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Today I was driving home from work and I saw this animal trotting leisurely across the road aways in front of me. It's legs were too long to be a cat or a small dog, but it was too small to be a BIG dog... and for some reason the next guess I had was that this animal must be a kangaroo. Not like one of those big kangaroos, but a little one... and then I was just like "What is WRONG with me?" It ended up being a red fox, which is so WEIRD since I've only ever seen one once before, and they're usually so reclusive and tend to run from place to place.... not trot.

But not as weird as it would have been if it was a kangaroo, I suppose.

I just took a survey on belting. Woo.

We had our read through for act 1 of "Violet" last night. It went alright, sort of. I mean, everyone was pretty tired since we didn't start until 10pm... and I think a lot of people have other things on their minds right now. For ME, it's memorizing my monologue for tomorrow's audition. I've pretty much got it but I feel like there's some specific words that I tend to forget or paraphrase, and I really can't do that with this particular monologue. I'm also REALLY afraid that I'll be too nervous to "get into it" during the audition. It is definitely NOT one of those monologues where the words speak for themselves. In fact, when I was reading it the first time I was definitely like "HUH??" It's kind of like my "slotted spoons" line from ITW.... you can hear it a million times but not really get it.

We read through "Fashion" yesterday, which was better than "Ticket of Leave Man" and "Hernani", at least. Dr. Bank was kind of lecturing us about the fact that we haven't started a new revolution and overthrown the government yet, yesterday. I mean, she ACTUALLY was kind of doing that. After class I said "Ok, we're meeting at 5 for the read through and then at 6 for Revolution Club."

I really wanted cake yesterday but then John said "Think about next year's showcase Alisa! Do you still want that cake??" and, well, I did, but instead I drank some green tea and pretended it was cake.

It was not the same.

A lot of times when I'm driving home from work I start thinking about Westwood... and I think I miss Westwood the most out of things I miss in LA. Right now, at least. Especially with being in another college town... just a far less cool one. I miss being able to walk places, and the movie theatres, and the stores and specialty shops... and DIDDY REESE.... I really hope NYC is just as awesome as LA.... otherwise I'll end up moving back there for sure.

No comments: