Saturday, October 29, 2005

I made $100 tonight. I was happy. I only had two *crappy* tips... one $6 on $60 (however, I wasn't expecting too much. The girls (who were probably around 18) were taking their mom out for her birthday dinner and they paid. They were nice, though, so it wasn't a huge deal) and one freaking $2 and a handful of change on $45. THAT did piss me off. I should have known though... the first thing they asked me when they came in was "do you have milkshakes here?" I wanted to say "Well, no... but Fudrucker's next door does..." Jerks.

I also got all my checks from background, which were $77 and $154. That was a glorious surprise. It's nice to make $100 when I work a LOT (like tonight)... it's even nicer to make it when I do ABSOLUTELY NOTHING like on Monday and Tuesday.

I looooove one of our managers, Eric. He is everyone's favorite. Once I asked him to "buy" me a lemon passion... and he did. Today I asked him if he would "buy" me a pizza... and not only did he buy ME a pizza, he bought two others so we could ALL have some. When I asked he was just like "Oh... why not." He's great. He's supposedly leaving in November to start his own business... I am considering leaving then, too, even if I DO have to stay in LA, because it's like... WHAT is the point of working there if he won't be there? Seriously. When he's not there it's chaos in the kitchen. Plus... he's usually the only one in a good mood.

I want Halloween candy. Yes I do.

I think Dustin is starting to get better. Good to see the bird flu can't keep him down.

We're getting the refrigerator tomorrow!!!!!!! yay!!!!!! I can finally buy milk!!!!! And groceries other than easy mac and cans of soup!!!!!!! And I can make ice tea!!!!! God, the possibilities are ENDLESS!!!

You know what sucks? I still miss Jim. I still also feel like I'll never be happy again. Like I'll never be comfortable again, complete again. Yes, I said complete. I feel like something has been taken away from me that has left a void that can never be filled. Jim's mom has said a lot that she thinks I probably don't miss him--just the relationship (I suppose, because WHY would I miss him?)--but no, I miss him. And I hate myself for missing him because I feel like I'll miss him forever... and try as I might to think ONLY of bad things (because that would make it easier) from the relationship, I probably think of the good ones just as much. And so... I miss him. Because I can't forget the good times.

Stupid memory.

I think I need to watch Eternal Sunshine. I'll probably cry hysterically, but it's probably about time I saw it.

No comments: